Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Kirk Cameron....

Did anyone see the interview yesterday morning on the Today Show with Kirk Cameron? They were discussing the loss of two actors who were close to him in age. Of course there were the usual comments about what fame brings to childhood actors, and how easy it becomes to get everything you want. When Kirk was asked why he escaped drug addiction, the man sitting next to him was quick to say, "Well he's not an addict........" followed by this long explanation of our physical makeup blah blah blah. There may be something to that I guess. I'm not a doctor. However, once Kirk was given the chance to answer he shared how his parents had given him a firm foundation for dealing with life situations. Then he added that drawing close to God had saved him from that lifestyle. I was so proud that he said that and so proud it was broadcast!

I'm so thankful for people who publicly take a stand for our Lord and are willing to tell others about Him when it's not exactly the most popular thing to do. It's so important to let the world know about Jesus and how powerful He is, and how He can work in our lives if we let Him.

Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh I was thinking the same thing! I also noticed Kirk's facial reaction when Dr. Drew was talking about addiction. I'm SO glad Kirk had another chance to say what REALLY was the reason he's not screwed up!!

    ReplyDelete