Monday, May 10, 2010

Remember the Sabbath?

We went to see Lee's mom yesterday for mother's day, and as usual I reached a point in the visit where I needed to laugh, but it would have been rude. She was telling me about the church service she attended that morning. The drive in service. It's earlier in the morning and you don't even have to get out of your car. They serve you communion even..............interesting.

Now if you know me at all you know that I'm pretty conservative in my views. So I've been pondering this.......remember the sabbath to keep it holy. Holy........set apart. It's a commandment and He said it more than once. I am concerned that we as Christians are trying to work in our worship time instead of setting it apart, and not just a couple of hours.......the day.

The example was to work 6 days and rest on the seventh. Instead we stay so busy that we aren't setting apart our day for God, we're merely working Him in at our convenience. Should pastors and their staff be working so hard at making church convenient or should we be remembering the Sabbath and keeping it Holy. Forget groceries, laundry, dishes, mowing, shopping. Remember the Sabbath....He told us to.

No comments:

Post a Comment